Friday, September 10, 2010
Wordnik is a place for all the words, and everything known about them.
The goal is to show you as much information as possible.
By "information," they don't just mean traditional definitions. This information could be:
• An example sentence — tons of examples and gobs of other data for most words.
• Related words: not just synonyms and antonyms, but words that are used in the same contexts.Cheeseburger, milkshake, and doughnut aren't synonyms, but they show up in the same kinds of sentences.
• Images tagged by Flickr: want to know what a pout looks like?
• Statistics: how rare is the word?
• An audio pronunciation—and you can record your own!